Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category images

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
The basic layout of Vanilla would be perfect for category images. Basically, they'd be small images (40x40) or such small pictures that would display either on the left or the right sideof a topic on the frontpage, both denoting what category the post belongs to and also giving a bit more color to the site. Its hard to explain, but do you guys know what I mean?

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Technically, you can already do that via CSS, however for some tighter control, mark mark may need to define it just for some better support if say, you want a blocked/unblocked category image like I have set for my themes.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Lech is correct that you can already accomplish this with CSS.

mark may need to define it just for some better support if say, you want a blocked/unblocked category image

I've just been working on the templating system for the next rev, and it's pretty neat. You'll be able to create a new theme and make this type of thing happen pretty easily.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I am guessing with templating comes the ability to define or remove extra css defnitions, right?
  • Options
    im very excited about this...i dont know what to say!
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited August 2006
    how to replace these with small icons? edit - block - userblock - commentpermalink
This discussion has been closed.