Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error Message: Failed to import file "controls/index.php".

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, encountered the following error when testing vanilla out on my dev pc. after a (seemingly) successful installation, i receive the following message when clicking on the "you may now sign in" link. Error Message: Failed to import file "controls/index.php". Affected Elements: Page.Import(); system setup: apache 2.0.54/php5.0.3 mysql 4.1.9 running on my winxp sp2 setup. have all the correct read/write permissions set. the database is there, double-checked connection settings (installation would've failed if those were wrong i figure??). any ideas anyone? i did search this forum and the wiki before posting and couldn't find anything like this.

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I'll say there's still a few glitches with php 5, that and windows doesn't recognize slashes correctly based on forward or backward (although I want to say that's apache's fault for not translating paths nicely). In the next version, mark says he has a fix for your ailments. Meanwhile, running under php 4.3.1+ and mysql 4 under a linux apache server runs flawless if you have a testing ground for that.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:administrators:troubleshooting for any other glitches.
  • Options
    ah ok... thanks! will try on my online server then...
This discussion has been closed.