Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Safari 3.1

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
pic
Safari for Windows is out of Beta.

Comments

• Options
    hmmm..... and internet explorer for mac ... still version 5

silly microsoft..
  • Options
    Internet Explorer for Mac will never be updated, they officially stopped supporting it years ago mate.
  • Options
    yes, that's my point.
  • Options
    "With CSS 3 Web Fonts in Safari 3.1, web designers can now go beyond web-safe fonts and use any font they want to create stunning new websites using standards-based technology. Safari automatically recognizes websites that use custom fonts and downloads them as they’re needed."

Read more here: http://www.apple.com/safari/

There is also a PDF to download for more info, it looks like a great leap forward for typographers who have always had to create images of their headings and other display type if they wanted to make it look as they desire. This appears to be a "standard" rather than an Apple-only innovation.

Another "standard" for Microsoft to either ignore or stuff up!

One of these days they will bring themselves undone.
  • Options
    fmimosofmimoso
    edited March 2008
    I'm glad it's out of beta. It wasn't working before - crashed everytime I've run it.

Now it works:

:grin:
  • Options
    Always worked for me both on my Mac at home and this piece of PC crap at work.
  • Options
    Yep, must be my computer's fault... :D
  • Options
    What's wrong with that screenshot?
    It is so wrong and ugly, was it a png and imageshack converted it to a jpg?
  • Options
    fmimosofmimoso
    edited March 2008
    What's wrong? Well, that's how Safari presented itself right after installed... There's nothing wrong with the image, it's exactly what I see over here.
  • Options
    I see the image with all its inner images fuzzy or corrupted or whatever, the same for you Wanderer?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The web inspector is available and is almost as good as firebug, but looks better. I don't know for the last beta version but it was missing in all the beta version I had installed on windows.
  • Options
    fmimoso, that is definitely something wrong with your cache or your installation, I've never seen Safari look like that, not on my Mac nor on my Work PC in Vista and XP.
  • Options
    @Dinoboff: sadly enough, the web inspector, which was my everyday tool (I'm on Mac) has now lost one of its major pane. The DOM properties pane lo longer displays inherited properties (i.e. most of them) because of a potential security weak (looking at unauthorized resource). I posted a bug on webkit.org, still unresolved. One now have to resort on firebug to look at properties values, while debugging javascript.

@fmimoso Is you graphic card of an exotic kind? I'd suspect some low level graphic library (Quartz ersatz) being fooled somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.