Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help me fix my theme!

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So I'm working on a theme, using ''The beautiful lie'' theme as a base. I have a few problems with it: 1. Looks weird on IE and Opera, fine in Firefox. The problem is the text being ''on top of each other''. Have a look and see, it's hard to describe. As far as I can see, this problem also appears on the original theme. 2. The Discussions part doesn't stretch across the screen, it sometimes creates a horizental scrolling bar, depending on the screen. I suck at css, but I really want to make this work, so any help welcome. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    could you give a link to your forum?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh my god. I can't believe I forgot the link
    www.obscure.northerain.com
  • Options
    for problem 1, it's only the 'Darkness, Gather' logo/title which is "on top of each other"? you can adjust that in your style's vanilla.css (line 1582): #logo_title {vanilla.css (line 1582) font-size:50pt; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-2.5pt; --> give higher values to space more the letters line-height:40pt; --> give higher values to space more the lines } I suck at css too, but it's something you can try ;)
  • Options

for problem 2: edit the padding to 0px in:

#main {vanilla.css (line 1531)
    margin:0px;
    padding:15px;
    width:100%;
    }

try looking around a bit with firefox + firebug!

hope I helped

• Options
    I'll try that, thanks. However, on my side, using IE, all the text is on top of each other. And the title of the forum isn't. No idea why.
  • Options
    Set the padding on "main" rule to 0px. I think this is what is causing your horizontal scroll bar. I have only tested it in Firefox, so take it for a spin in IE. If that doesn't work, run your CSS code through the W3C CSS validator, and see if there are any errors.
This discussion has been closed.