Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Account Page News Aggregator (Feed Reader)

LoOkOuTLoOkOuT
edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all, just had an idea for an add-on and, since I'm not a coder, I thought I'd throw it out to the community for discussion and to see if anyone thinks there are any legs in it. I'm looking at ways to get our members to user their account page more (User Wall is helpful for this for instance) and thought it would be cool to have a news aggregator/feed reader on each user's account page which they could configure with rss feeds they subscribe too (related to the Forum topic manner primarily). Something like: A user switches on the feed reader function on their account page preferences, adds a rss feed or two which refresh only when they refresh their account page. The LatestBlogged add-on was last updated in 2006, but it may prove that such an add-on is possible, as it is something like a basic version what I am describing.

Comments

• Options
    or maybe have it display a few of the latest comments in their bookmarked discussions
  • Options
    this is a nice idea! yeah, i am like you i like my members to use their account profile it is a good idea
This discussion has been closed.