Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

VANILLA, Not Working for Me Pls Help.

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Please i installed vanilla at http://icgckd.org/vanilla/ and when i click on sign in at the top right corner, it gives a login form just as one we use here, But when i login with this info on my installed vanilla the username = biggodwin , password= christ. It logs in cool and shows this: You are signed in Click here to continue to the discussions Click here to continue to the categories Review new membership applicants (2 new) When I now choose the Options, it still takes me to the forum where i find no discussions, topics, and infact i cant get how i'll login to be an Administrator so i can see the Cpanel, and add Discussions, Topics, and make everything i can administer as an administrator. Even when people apply for membership, it works well but tells them that they will be contacted by the Administrator via mail and when i click on "Review new membership applicants" it still takes me to the normal general forum. Kindly help me, you can login with the details i gave above.

Comments

• Options
    can you look at your /conf/settings.php which are your cookies settings? it seems a problem of cookies to me, although I'm faaar of being an expert on these issues...
  • Options
    Your cookie path settings are wrong. It's set to forum but actually installed in vanilla. To fix, edit your conf/settings.php file and look for $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH']. Fix the setting, (part to the right of the =, in the quotes) and if it still doesn't work, try removing the whole line altogether.
  • Options
    oh, and once you get it working, you might want to change your password :-)
This discussion has been closed.