Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help putting my addon's preferences on a seperate page

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys,

I'm writing my first little addon.. it's pretty crap, but it's getting there. It's for a motorcycle forum, and it lets users put a bunch of information about their bikes and also slideshows etc, and it shows up on the right column of their profile.

My biggest problem atm is, I want my addons preferences to be on a seperate tab.. right now the preferences show up under the "Personal Information" tab of "Account" settings.. I'd like all the inputs for my addon to be on their own tab of Account settings.. eg in the following pic, I want a new link under "Personal Information" called "My Bike Profile" where you fill in the variables.

Can someone help me?

I'm currently using lines similar to this to define user variables.. how do I put these on their own page?

$Context->Configuration['CUSTOMIZATION_BIKEPROFILEMAKE'] = ''; $Context->Dictionary['CUSTOMIZATION_BIKEPROFILEMAKE'] = 'Make';

Comments

• Options
    Can noone tell me how to put the addon preferences on their own page?
  • Options
    There are 2 add-ons that I use that create their own page/tab. They are IDShare and MemberList. If you check them out, you should be able to figure out how to do this.
  • Options
    I've got the actual tab added now.. using the following code..

The bit labelled "here".. I obviously need to put the code there to give user the form to fill out, then save the data. I can't use the method i'm using in my first post, it doesn't work (the "$Context->Configuration" lines), so can someone help me out here? At least point me in the right direction? I've tried reading other addons, but they're way more advanced than this and I can't make sense of them.. i'm trying to learn this.. Just need a nudge here..

if ($Context->SelfUrl == 'account.php') { // HERE } if ($Context->SelfUrl == 'account.php') { $Panel->AddListItem($Context->GetDefinition("AccountOptions"), $Context->GetDefinition('BikeProfile'), GetUrl($Context->Configuration, $Context->SelfUrl, "", "", "", "", "PostBackAction=BikeProfile"), "", "", 50); }
This discussion has been closed.