HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.

Landing page after signing out

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When clicking the "Sign Out" link on the top-right corner, Vanilla sends the user to an almost blank page with a "You have been signed out successfully" message. What would I need to change so the user will be kept on the same page or at the very least sent to the forum index upon signing out?

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Good question, that "almost blank" page annoys me too.

It shouldn't be too hard to to re-direct to another page with relevant content.

Sounds like an extension request to me.
  • You could also make a theme with just one file overridden to suit your needs: people_signout_form_validpostback.php

If you want to go the extension route, here's the relevant Delegates: Leave::PreValidPostBackRender, Leave::PostValidPostBackRender (location in library/People/People.Control.Leave.php)
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, messing with people_signout_form_validpostback.php isn't getting me the desired effect.

Can you explain what to change in the "/people/People.Control.Leave.php" to have it redirect to Vanilla index or another URL?
  • You can create a new theme or just alter people_signout_form_validpostback.php to:

<?php // Note: This file is included from the library/People/People.Control.Leave.php class. echo '<div class="FormComplete"> <h2>'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('SignOutSuccessful').'</h2> <ul> <li><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, $this->Context->SelfUrl).'">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('SignInAgain').'</a></li> </ul> </div>'; // Redirect back to index after signing out header('Location: '.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php')); ?>
  • Sweet, works like a charm. I'm working on a highly customized theme, so adding another template *.php isn't a big deal.
    Thanks sjeeps!
  • Hi, I´ve been looking for a way to redirect login/out to a custom page. I see here you are talking about it, but I´m a really newby in this... would it be possible to explain it with more details? Thanks a lllloooooottttt in advance!