Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Searching, small change

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi. I need some add-on, to change searching way. In default way, it's searching "*phrase*". I want to change it. I need to searching " phrase" after type in searching window "phrase", not "*phrase*" like it's in original. Maybe it's not important change for you but for me it is ;) I hope you know about what I'm talking :P So, can you do some add-on like that?

Comments

• Options
    So, you want to return results matching only the entire phrase? That seems rather counter-intuitive. Could you describe your intended use? Perhaps there's a better way to handle what you want.
  • Options
    I think he means if you search for "a," have it only return results where the word "a" is present, rather than the letter "a." (possibly in the middle of a word)
  • Options
    Ok, I'll show it on example. My Vanilla is working as archiwum. In posts are links, IDs of users, their profiles, reasons and other. I need to search only ID, so when it's small, like 4, that will find part of link, other IP etc. I need to find ONLY that ID, so it must be 4, not 24 or 42... It's quite difficult to show. So, for example, I wanna find user with ID: 4. In default, it will find: All words, links etc. which is "4" <- I dont want it ;) In my idea it HAVE TO find only 4. So, it have to search not "*4*", but " 4", with space before the phrase. I hope it's easier now.
  • Options
    Like this? http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=393
  • Options
    Geez WallPhone mate, what took you so long? image
  • Options
    WallPhone, nope, it's still searching *phrase*. I need to search by it _phrase ( _ as space).
  • Options
    searching "_phrase" will still return "_phrasealicious!"
  • Options
    OK, new version up. I noticed that the highlighted words on the comment results page still highlight parts of a word, but the search should only match whole words now.
  • Options
    So... I don't know why but it's working... strange. It's finding phrase in first line of post (I'm not sure). But is better, it's not searching *phrase*. And I just saw that can't search " phrase", but "phrase", so without space. And one more ask... Will it find two phrases in one post as one result or 2 results? I prefer 2 results. It complicate add on I think ;>
  • Options
    If the same phrase is in one post twice, it acts the same as if it were there only once. Yes, making it come back in two results would complicate things a lot.
  • Options
    But now it's not working ^^ Can you repair it? I wrote what's wrong in previous post.
  • Options
    Re-download and try it now. It now has a checkbox so you can turn it on and off right from the search page and compare the results.
  • Options
    Thx, that's all ;]
This discussion has been closed.