Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

3 Things!! Referral/Affliate System, Fav blog, Auto approval

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
HI, guys i am very new to vanilla, well just a day old actually. I have gone through tons of add ons. Each one spectacular in its own way... but just not what i am looking for. I want vanilla to be well just Vanilla, not a social networking website. Most of the add on can easily help you achieve that, if you want it. I want to protect vanilla's simplicity yet i need these 3 features to integrate into my website. Referral System: i have noticed that there already a invite script which seems to have too many bugs. Anyone up for this challenge, of editing it into a cool referral system? Or does this already exist? Favorite a Blog: I think this would be really sweet, adding any blog they like into their favorite list. So that they can login and check out the recent updates and post. Auto approval: I live in India where people are not into clicking activation links and waiting to be approved. Couldn't find a extension which allows auto approval, I think i can fix this myself! but it is just a suggestion for the vanilla community to add this feature in their next release. Well is there anyone who can help me out regarding my quires. Thank you in advance. Avin Vanilla Rocks! but i prefer Chocolate ;)

Comments

• Options
    With the auto approval, vanilla has an integrated solution as it is. If you would navigate to your settings panel. Locate the menu item "Registration Settings" in the side panel. All you have to do is just change the the role located within the drop down context for "New Member Role" and voila... instant approval.
  • Options
    Hhmm thats excellent! Told you i am new! Didn't i, So now 1 down 2 more to go..! Thanks a lot vanoob. For the quick reply.
  • Options
    Favorite Blog Solution: LatestBlog might be worth looking at.

Referral System: Are you looking to set-up a referral-only system; where users cannot join unless referred? Perhaps Dinoboff can refactor the Invite-only System Add-on. If you're just looking for a way to see how people heard about your forum, you can give Applicant Discovery a try.
  • Options
    Well not exactly what i was looking for actually. What i meant by a refferal system is that, users can invite friends and in return earn some points. Unless user gets something in return, the invite system will have cob webs all over ! No one will use it. Thats what i fear. I love the concept for spreading the site through word of mouth though. So thats why i am in search of the a affiliate or referral system? Is there one lying around here? And as for the fav blog, well LatestBlog is excellent! but again not the solution for my problem. Anyone else whats to give it a shot?
  • Options
    I am also very interested in a referral/affiliate system. I've purchased and affiliate software program but it's much more that I need. I need something lean and simple. If a user sends someone to the site I want to know who to reward.