Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Add-ons developers, please respect translators!

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Please respect translators! We want to rewrite extension code. It starts to bore...

EXTENSION DEVELOPERS PLEASE! Use $Context->SetDefenition instead $Context->Dictionary and be hero.

Comments

• I agree with you, but a lot of addons are lacking support, so, I'm afraid that your request will be a bit unuseful.
    btw,if I do remember well, Clip developed a migrator script to rewrite those definitions, run a search for it ;)
  • Someone should have the addon site "clean" them when they're uploaded.
  • You offering? :P
  • I'm not saying I have the skill or time to do it, I'm just saying it would almost be worth it, if it keeps translators happy!

translation: ... if it keeps translators quiet!

no offense meant, if you're happy, then you're quiet...
  • I need edit wrong code every time after update extension, and developers can change some strings once! It's simple and fast way for developers and non english vanilla users. Multiply the all edit time for change wrong coding style with quaintly of all non-english of extension users and understand how much time of life you steal from peoples. It's theft of life on planet. Be better - use $Context->SetDefenition P.S. Moderators - please stick this topic
  • Perhaps this should be a part of our Add-ons name and shame project rather than another sticky. We've got a lot of stickies up there already :)
  • done.
This discussion has been closed.