Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error Occurred While Logging User Data

I have been using Vanilla for a few years now for a small private group forum. I received an error message yesterday that I haven't seen before, and unlike other errors I've had, it seemed to have broken the entire forum.

---
A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
An error occurred while logging user data.
Affected Elements
WhosOnline.UpdateGuestLastActive();

The error occurred on or near: Duplicate entry '28022' for key 1

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

---
I've searched this forum and looked at the link and am not finding what to do to fix it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Looks like your _IpHistory table might be full... With a few years worth of tracking, this wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    How do I clear this out?
  • Options
    I looked through some other answers. It seems like it's confusing once you've let it get too full, since I can't even access any of my forum at all right now. I'm a psychologist, not a database/system admin kinda person, so an easy answer would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    See if your web host gives you access to something like PHPMyAdmin, and find the LUM_IpHistory table. Select that and click on the trash can icon, and that should empty the table. If you don't have access, I could write up a script that will clean it out for you.
  • Options
    OK, I found exactly what you're talking about, and I was able to do what you said, and it totally worked. Yay! THANKS! I'm happy now. :D
This discussion has been closed.