Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Has anyone successfully installed Vanilla on Joomla?

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've been given the task to set up a forum on my site running Joomla 1.0.x. I researched the forum components available and initially installed Fireboard, but ran into a couple of snags (mainly being directed to my site's frontpage after logging in to the forum) and it just had far more features than I needed for a simple forum. So next I installed Vanilla. First off I want to say that I love this component and I really want to get it to work with my Joomla site - but after spending several hours today with various issues and pouring through this forum I have not found any solutions. The biggest issue I'm having is with forum login, which has come up in many other posts here, but no one seems to have solved the problem, they just keep bumping the threads in hopes that someone has the answer. So is anyone running Joomla/Vanilla bridge and if you had any issues how did you solve them? The main problem I'm experiencing is getting the "Some problems were encountered. The requested user could not be found." error when I try to login within the forum component. But if publish the Vanilla login module (which I set to appear only on the forum page as my site does not have a front end user login) it DOES work. But that leaves me with 2 separate login links on my forum page - one as a module, the other within the component. Obviously that's not going to work if user click the component login. On another thread someone with the same issue stated: "I'm wondering now whether there's a way to either hide the login / logout function in the forum component or get the two talking to each other." But I haven't found a solution. I do all my testing in Firefox, so I switched over to IE7 which gave me the same error PLUS a couple of lines of code: Notice: Undefined index: 8a295dc9f0f499fd9ab58e3212573e59 in /........./Forums/library/People/People.Class.Joomla10x.Authenticator.php on line 38 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /......./Forums/library/People/People.Class.Joomla10x.Authenticator.php on line 41 (i replaced the path with the .....) Now after slogging through this for hours I'm not sure what to do. I've already done 2 clean installs of J!Vanilla through Joomla, plus a manual install using Get Vanilla - but after getting the latter all set up it does not show up in Joomla as a component, so I'm not even sure how to access the Vanilla admin that way. I think I've lost my coherence for the day. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    Just a quick bump and a few words... I gave up trying to install this through Joomla - just too many issues as stated above and in other threads on this forum. HOWEVER, I did the easy workaround by simply manually installing Vanilla and then creating a wrapper page for it in Joomla. FANTASTIC!! I absolutely love this component and I truly appreciate all your hard work in creating it, not to mention offering it for free... Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.