Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wordpress Bridge

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Okay, can't say I can make one because I'd have no idea where to start. But is there anybody I can hire to make one, something like the bridge they have from vBulletin to Wordpress?

Comments

• Options
    http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=158 it's been talked about, just need a friendly programmer to put it together....
  • Options
    I see... well, did anybody have any ideas of who would want to do it?
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited September 2005
    nope! i can't program so still waiting for a kind soul who can... might be worth posting on the wordpress boards?
  • Options
    or added to the wanted plugin section of the wiki?
  • Options
    or both?
  • Options
    well i don't even have an install of vanilla any more! so i'll leave it to you bryan?
  • Options
    I must admit this is something im looking at doing, its going to be a arse of a job. But basicly will just be attempting to make Vinilla use WordPress user db instead of its own or a hybrid DB merging eachs apps needed fields and just make vinilla use WP auth
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited September 2005
    phunky, i wasnt thinking anything that complex yet, even just a wp plugin to show 5/10 recent posts on forum would be a good start! think mark has said this would be pretty easy
  • Options
    Oh yeah, a plugin to display recent post would be very simple... Im in need of merging it with WordPress for www.eurocss.net so my users have a decent forum
  • Options
    even just a wp plugin to show 5/10 recent posts on forum would be a good start!

i know there must be WP plugins already for displaying a list of items from an RSS/Atom feed, just set that up to use the feed from your vanilla install?
  • Options
    nice idea dude!
  • Options
    There actual is a few RSS Feed plugins kicking about, just search the support forums :)
  • Options
    It would be really interesting indeed. What would "bridge" mean exactly ? User synchronisation ? Maybe linking posts in wordpress with threads in vanilla ?
This discussion has been closed.