Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Deleted discussions still displaying?

ericcarlericcarl New
edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have my forum preferences set to NOT display deleted discussions, yet for some reason the discussions are still being displayed. Clicking to view the discussion takes you to the page for that discussion, showing everything but the actual discussion. Shouldn't deleted discussions not appear anywhere at all ever?

Comments

• Options
    Deleting all the comments in a discussion and deleting a discussion are two different things. Try the 'Delete this discussion' in the left panel, and also make sure that you have 'can view deleted discussions' in the preferences off.
  • Options
    Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thanks!
  • Options
    Deleting the first comment should delete the whole discussion. (It should, but doesn't)
  • Options
    Are we really deleting (with the add-on) or simply hiding (with the core delete which is really hide not delete)?

Posted: Saturday, 24 May 2008 at 4:46PM

• Options
    This would be the core hiding delete. (I think) Man, Vanilla 2 needs a trash can that you can poke around in and retrieve trashed discussions from. And an 'empty trashcan' add-on.
  • Options
    The delete addon deletes a discussion when you click "delete" on the first comment. The core delete feature hides the first comment when you click "delete" on the first comment (in order to hide the discussion, you must click "Delete this discussion" in the side panel). There's a bit of conflict, but I definitely like how the addon does it. (Maybe a 'hide the first comment, or hide it with the panel link' feature, so that either will hide the entire discussion?)

The empty trashcan functionality would be excellent for Vanilla 2! (or sooner if someone wants to make an addon that works in tandem with the "remove comments" addon, and fixes the inconsistencies mentioned above)
This discussion has been closed.