Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to make discussions editable by Admins only?

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've searched the help but no luck.
Any ideas!?
Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Options
    settings -> roles & permissions -> [insert admin role name here] (edit) -> [+] edit any comments

if you want your users to be limited from editing even their own comments, try this extension.

I'm not sure which you meant, so I posted both.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hey fysicsluvr,

Thanks for your reply.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I'll try to explain again. I've created several categories in my forum for a client:

- News
    - Film discussion
    - General discussion

At the moment, anyone can post in any category, but I want to make it so that ONLY Admins can post in the News category, but EVERYONE can read it.
    Essentially, I want the News category to be READ ONLY for everyone except Admins, who can post new discussions.

If I follow your first suggestion, when I log back in as a normal member, the News category doesn't even show (as it appears to be limited to only show for Admins, which is not what I want).

Does that make it clearer what I want?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    There's an extension that does exactly what you need! CategoryRoles! Be sure to read the readme, as there are a few theme hacks you have to get in.
  • Options
    Thanks! I found it earlier, but it's good to know I'm on the right track.

If I use Vanilla enough, I may have to develop a few extensions of my own!

Cheers again,
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.