Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change emailed URL to reset password

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I hope someone here can tell me which file(s) I need to edit to change the password reset URL.

My forum is on a wrapper page in a Joomla site (like a frameset) and has an SEF URL that does not actually reflect the file path of the forum on my server. When I click on the "Forgot your password" link I receive an email with a link in it that takes me to the password reset page. However, this page is not in the wrapper of my site and will confuse users.

How do I change this URL so it goes to the wrapper page instead?

Thanks

Comments

• About line 750 of /library/people/People.Class.UserManager. I'm not very familiar with Joomla, but one thing you should look in to is if setting the BASE_URL configuration setting with what Joomla wants. If that includes a query string, then you might need to apply this patch: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/7831/ This would also fix all other links and redirects, and would be much simpiler than having to hunt each down individually.
  • Yikes, I'm looking at it now and I just have no idea what to change - do you have any more specific instructions? I'll look into the BASE_URL setting you mentioned. Thanks for the reply.
  • Does the wrapper force Vanilla to live in an inline frame or an actual frame? If so, then it will cause problems with most any use of linking by your users. One way you can check if this would be an issue would be to move around to different pages in Vanilla (while it is inside Joomla), and if the address at the top of the window doesn't change, then you need to find another way to get Vanilla and Joomla to play nice--the best would probably be modifying Vanilla's theme and style files to mimic the rest of the site. I've got some code lying around here somewhere that would probably work for you, I'll see if I can generalize it to work on other sites...
This discussion has been closed.