Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Terms of Service checked by default?

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've tried messing around with the code but I can't figure out how to have the Terms of Service checkbox checked by default on the registration page, or remove it completely?

I know it's something in people_apply_form_nopostback.php
Searching didn't produce much help. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Typical, been searching for a solution for an hour and 5 minutes after I ask for help, I figure it out. For anyone else that might need this, in people_apply_form_nopostback.php, replace:

'.GetBasicCheckBox('AgreeToTerms', 1, $this->Applicant->AgreeToTerms,'').' '.str_replace('//1', ' <a href="'.$TermsOfServiceUrl.'" onclick="PopTermsOfService('."'".$TermsOfServiceUrl."'".'); return false;">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('TermsOfService').'</a>', $this->Context->GetDefinition('IHaveReadAndAgreeTo')).'

with

'.GetBasicCheckBox('AgreeToTerms', 1, ForceIncomingBool('AgreeToTerms', 1), $this->Applicant->AgreeToTerms,'').' '.str_replace('//1', ' <a href="'.$TermsOfServiceUrl.'" onclick="PopTermsOfService('."'".$TermsOfServiceUrl."'".'); return false;">'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('TermsOfService').'</a>', $this->Context->GetDefinition('IHaveReadAndAgreeTo')).'
  • Options
    It's pretty standard to leave the t.o.s. box unchecked by default. It's like handing someone a form pre-signed. Kind of seems backwards to me.

But then again, I guess there are a lot of smaller, personal forums in which this is not an issue.
This discussion has been closed.