Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Troubles getting vanilla up and running

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi I first found out about Vanilla yesterday and installed it for the first time. It all seemed to go well, but I am having a few issues. when I log into the my forum, I get this (see below) which sits "above" the forum as such. I have been able to post a message to my forum so that seems to be OK. These messages below, all seem to relate to some add-ons that i installed and activated. So I have removed them completely, but it seems not to make a difference (this included reinstalling the extensions folder as well as the extensions php file) I also notice that the page formatting is not being displayed correctly, for instance the reply to comments box actually sits over the original message, when it should appear beneath it. My only experience with forum software previously to yesterday is as a member, so please excuse me if this is a really easy thing to solve or if I have missed a step. Thanks for your help Craig ++++++++++++++++++++++ Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/PasswordReset/default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 5 Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main(/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home4/craigste/public_html/forum/extensions/AddMember/default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home4/craigste/public_html/forum/conf/extensions.php on line 6 +++++++++++++++++++

Comments

• This usually happens if you remove the extension without turning it off first. Look in the conf/extensions.php file, and remove the include lines that you see in the error messages, and you should be good.
  • Yeah!!! Thanks Wallphone! That did it! Craig
  • Do'h Now I get this Request Entity Too Large The requested resource /forum/people.php does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit. When trying to sign in. Only sometimes though, cant really establish a pattern. Can anyone tell me what this means? Thanks Craig
This discussion has been closed.