Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Request Entity Too Large??

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am getting this when I try to log in to my own user account. Only sometimes though. Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks Craig Request Entity Too Large The requested resource /forum/people.php does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Comments

• That is an unusual one... usually that message shows only when you're uploading a large file. It might be that there is a limit to the ReturnURL parameter in the address when signing in, which means it would be something to bring up to your hosting company.
  • Ok, so I was told by my webhost that this command (=http) is not permitted because it is a security risk. I was getting the Requested Entity Too Large message when trying to log in from the maine which I reached by going to the address" www.MYDOMAIN.com/forum I would see the mainpage which would then have the login link in the top left corner, which, upon clicking would result in the offending message. My host pointed out that going to the address www.MYDOMAIN.com/forum/people.php would take me to a login page that does work, and true, it does take me to a log in page that does seems to work. However, I now can not seem to remember the frigging password and or username. How do I get around that? I am sure that what I have is correct, but I dont get in. Can the password file have become corrupted in someway, where can I find where this info is stored on the server? or do I have to reinstall the entire package? Sigh. Craig
  • There is a 'forgot password' link, that is your best bet because the password is encrypted in the database.
This discussion has been closed.