Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

HyperLinks in Comments to open in a new window

edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have tried to search for this but have found nothing. Is there away to make it where when people post a link in there comment, that it would open up in a new window? My members have been sending me e-mails telling me it is kinda of annoying that they have to use the back button to get to the forum after they click on a link. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• i will look in to this it should be easy to fix what extensions are you running?
  • edited July 2008
    Tell your users to "Right-Click-Open-in-a-new-Tab-or-a-new-Window"!
    I personaly prefer flat links because they let the choice in your hands. Pop-ups don't allow you to open a link in the same window/tab if you prefer to.
    I think you have to build a Formatter. Look at the HTML one.
  • I currently have the HTML extension and you have to know HTML to make the link open in a new page!
  • I pointed you to the HTML formatter just for you to tweak it and build a POPUP formatter. Please keep us updated.
  • Extended text formatter installed here opens links in new windows. http://lussumo.com
This discussion has been closed.