Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla - Firefox display issue for logged-in users

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,

I recently installed Vanilla and then added a few add-ons. It was looking and acting wonderfully. After I added a third thread in one of my newly-created categories, I viewed my post and discovered that it had the 'add your comments' box superimposed over the text of my message in the thread.

Note this only happens in Firefox (3.0.1) and appears fine in IE. It also only happens if a person is logged in. To unauthenticated users, the page appears normal/fine. Also note that the 'add your comments' box is fully functional, it just overlaps the text as below.

I've deleted my Firefox cache and cookies and still no luck. The URL of the forum is http://www.t2forums.com if you would like to see for yourself.

I have disabled all of the add-ons that were installed and it didn't help matters any. Not sure what to do at this point. . . . I would like to go live soon. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Overlay

--Melissa

Comments

• Options
    just a hunch .. but I've seen such behaviour with the new "reviewed page"-boxes on wikipedia (for example) .. but could it be your browser is dissallowing JavaScript .. it might be required to correctly format the page.
  • Options
    Hi, and thanks for your input!

JavaScript is enabled in my browser (FF 3.0.1). It is also displaying this way to my friend who is also using FF 3.0.1. I checked into other browser settings as well and all other 'normal' settings appear fine in there.

Just as a test, I created a second message in one of the threads (they are all affected as above) and the "Add your comments" box stays right where it is, floating over the top message in the thread. The bottom message is legible.

I can't really rule out all of my Firefox-using visitors (especially since Firefox is what I use). . . .

Wonder what else it could be?
This discussion has been closed.