Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is this webpage possible using Vanilla?

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello experts, I am new to Vanilla and want to design a website using Vanilla. Is the below scenario possible? - Default tabs are ok but I want to add new ones. (I saw an extension about this one. Probably this is ok) - One of the new tabs will be the default page and it will contain a blog like interface. I mean there will not be discussions on that page. I want to add some news or about website etc. - Another tab will be a container, for example I have a searchable documentation and want to integrate it to the vanilla. When documentation tab is clicked, my documentation will appear in the body of the page but all the navigation tabs will still be there. - And is there any advertising extension? For example , I want to add a box to the left below so that it will be shown on every page and includes an advertising. Thanx for your reply!

Comments

• Options
    Correspondly search for the following Add-ons: - PageManager - BlogThis - PageManager - Nuggets
  • Options
    Thanx but probably page manager cannot satisfy the option 3. Am I wrong? Do u have any other suggestions?
  • Options
    You could always stick it in an iFrame ;) Does page manager support those?
  • Options
    Except option 3 all the ones are implemented succesfully. Thank you so much! Mr. Stash probably page manager does not support iFrames, is there any other way of doing this? And requirement #5 is here I want to implement a static html page in a tab. I saw an example web page (the link below), but dont know how I can do this. Do I have to use an extension for this purpose? And is it possible to remove the left panel (in other words sidebar) for this page. I mean there will still be tabs but left panel will be removed. http://www.spodesabode.com/page/spodemark Is this possible? Thanx for your replies.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I saw that page manager also support HTML and IFrames so All the work is complete. Only remaining question is, Can I remove the sidebar in a given tab?
  • Options
    I think this will work. Create a new stylesheet where you remove the sidebar (include !important where necessary) -> install Nuggets Add-on -> create a new nugget located (Pan) in the head tag that only appears on the given page -> this nugget will include the link rel="stylesheet" tag of the stylesheet previously created.
This discussion has been closed.