Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1.1.5 release candidate 4

2»

Comments

• Options
    The versions of Vanilla, People and Framework are not in sync. Vanilla 1.1.5 use People 1.1.4 and Framework 1.1.4
  • Options
    I just add Vanilla 1.1.5-rc3:
    http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-1.1.5-rc3.zip.

Please review it, especially if you can test it with mysql 3.23 or with a custom authenticator.
  • Options
    Does 1.1.5rc3 have the new password hashing?
  • Options
    yep, don't install it on a live forum!!!
  • Options
    When i tried to start a new discussion with non-latin characters it works but all non-latin characters fails (?) and when i tried to search something with non-latin characters i get this error. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while retrieving search results. Affected Elements CommentManager.GetCommentSearch(); The error occurred on or near: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like' For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hi, I am a new user in this community. Since last month I have started using Vanilla Forum, and I like it very much. I first used v. 1.1.4, then 1.1.5rc1 and currently I use version 1.1.5 rc2. Today I tried to update manually new files which came with 1.1.5 rc3. I used WinDiff to find out which files were modified and then updated those files on my server. After updating files, I got the following error message when I tried to log in: ------ A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The "PasswordHash" class referenced by "PasswordHash" does not appear to exist. Affected Elements ObjectFactory.NewObject(); For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs ------ I decided to go back again to 1.1.5. rcc2 version. As soon as a hash problem is fixed, I can try to make a new test.
  • Options
    @jukka: check library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php is not missing.

@Engin: Can you check the the encoding of your tables, using phpMyAdmin for example.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    @Engin: Can you add before line 35 of library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlSearch.php $this->UserQuery = strtolower(trim($this->UserQuery));

It should look like that:
    function BreakKeywords() { $this->UserQuery = strtolower(trim($this->UserQuery)); $Keywords = explode(' ', $this->UserQuery);
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    >> Dinoboff:
    >> @jukka: check library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php is not missing.

Thanks a lot for quick reply and I am sorry for making such a mistake. I did not realize a new file. I just looked over rcc3 files which were altered compared to vanilla version rcc2.

I replaced again modified files in my Vanilla rcc2 forum with Vanilla rcc3 files and then added PasswordHash.php file. Then I could log in by using my existing user account. I also created a new user and I could log in with that user too. Everything seems to work very well. I took a quick look to other functionality and I did not find any problems. I will continue testing and write back if I have any other problems or other findings.
  • Options
    1.1.5rc3 worked fine for me, I just deleted everything except for the conf and extensions directories and uploaded all the new files.
  • Options
    Engin problems seems to be related to UTF-8 changes in Vanilla 1.1.x
  • Options
    @Dinoboff: I create a new database with encoding utf8_general_ci. now everything is ok.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-1.1.5-rc4.zip is available - last release candidate hopefully. The fix to the weak password storage has been rewritten and shouldn't break any customized Authenticator. If you are using one you might need to update it to take advantage of the fix.
  • Options
    How do I go about authenticating my costume, Dinoboff? :D
  • Options
    lol corrected
This discussion has been closed.