Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Match user password hash with Vanila DB

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I don't really know where to go to find it, but here's what I want to do: Take a password from an input on one of my own pages, hash it in the same way as Vanilla, then check to see if the supplied user and password are in the database. What I'm trying to do is build a page elsewhere on the site that allows community members to request project page/subdomain. The requests already get queued in a database before possible approval, but I think it would be nice if I could "verify" these requests by requiring the "owner" of the request to be valid Vanilla user (meaning they joined our forums, which already requires me to approve them). The idea is to cut down on any possible spam requests (human made or otherwise) because all forum-user accounts must be approved by me first ... So going back to the original issue, I need to know how Vanilla hashes the passwords so I can compare them. This might be an impossible task. However I hope not.

Comments

• Options
    Nothing complicated.

md5('password');
  • Options
    Hmm. Then I guess I was looking to far into it! I was thinking stuff along the lines of md5 + salt ... if that's all it is, that's great. Cool, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.