Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Guide To Installing Vanilla Script

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Please take a look: http://www.autho-rity.info/2008/08/08/step-by-step-installation-guide-for-vanilla-forum-script/ Did you guys find any mistakes?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Do you have to delete the setup folder. Because no one can run it because they will get this error

We came across some problems while checking your permissions... Vanilla seems to have been installed already. You will need to remove the conf/settings.php, conf/database.php files, and all database tables in order to run the installer utility again
  • Options
    I think it's generally considered sensible to remove the setup folder, especially since you no longer need it ;)
  • Options
    I know its a good idea, but i have looks and nothing tells you to. Maby that could be a mod in the next vanilla. A warning telling the admin the setup folder is still there.
  • Options
    Well, i would consider it a security risk. And it is just one more step.
  • Options
    A warning telling the admin the setup folder is still there.
    This is a good idea IMO.
This discussion has been closed.