Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1.1.5a Released

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Dinoboff. I am using tabled theme. After I switch to back to the default vanilla theme. The problem is gone. I do not have an external site yet (just on my own PC), my ISP blocks the 80 port. It will take me sometime to put on another port.
  • Options
    Thanks for the upgrade package Dinoboff! <3 I've applied it to my sandbox copy of my live forum. What are the suggested checks before applying the changes to the live site? Drive it around and if nothing is broked, apply?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've added the 1.1.5a package to getvanilla.com, posted an announcement on Swell, and updated the updatechecker for lussumo.com.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    @XV: Apply this one as well:
    vanilla-upgrade-1.1.5-to-1.1.5a.zip

Check your theme need update; the following files have been changed:
    themes/account_preferences_form.php themes/categories.php themes/comment_form.php themes/comments.php themes/discussion.php themes/discussion_form.php themes/discussions.php themes/menu.php themes/people_foot.php themes/people_signout_form_nopostback.php themes/search_results_comments.php themes/search_results_users.php themes/settings_update_check_validpostback.php

If you are using a customized authenticator, check login/logout/change-password/reset-password are still working.
  • Options
    I just tested 1.1.5a with a fresh install and it fixes the error with the integrity check I reported. Thanks for the fast release, great job.
  • Options
    hello, just a note, vanilla 1.1.5a is still reporting as vanilla 1.1.5.
  • Options
    What do you mean?
    Which part of vanilla shows 1.1.5 and not 1.1.5a?
  • Options
    Hi Dinoboff, I just downloaded 1.1.5a and the appg\version.php states: define('APPLICATION', 'Vanilla'); define('FRAMEWORK_VERSION', '1.1.4'); define('PEOPLE_VERSION', '1.1.4'); define('APPLICATION_VERSION', '1.1.5'); When I sign in, it also states 1.1.5 instead of 1.1.5a When I trigger the update check it tells me, that there is an update 1.1.5a avaible :(
  • Options
    I contacted Mark about it. Thanks Bruce. You can download it there on the meantime: http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-1.1.5a.zip
  • Options
    Hi Dinoboff, I installed the version.php contained in the zip-file you provided. Vanilla now reports the correct version and the updater works also. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I would install everything. I am afraid the getvanilla.com download script was sending 1.1.5, calling it 1.1.5a
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    @Wallphone: http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=89957 (# 37) I know, but this wont be a solution to stop people going back to phpBB and plenty of other forums.The more the update-intervalls are too big and the more the addons are outdated and buged the more ppl will leave vanilla i think. The vanilla coommunity is compared to the communities of other big forum software not the biggest as you know. And the more the community of vanilla is shriniking the more there will be the risk that only "freaks" or "pros" will use vanilla in future :( The casual vanilla lovers will be gone then ... badly. Vanilla just deserved more then this im saying. @all: bit confused now ^^ i am running a 1.1.5 install now, upgraded from 1.1.4 and seems to work. What should i do now? DL from original vanilla site or any other? what is 1.1.5a and whats not? should i do what told me here: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:upgrading or what is told me here: http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=90005 do i even have to upgrade to 1.1.5a or does it just affect some specific people? some clear orders would be nice what to do if running a normal 1.1.5 installation. thank you very much. Eugen
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The official way to upgrade is http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:upgrading The zip file just pack them together (+js and css source file, my script add them automatically, it doesn't check if they has changed) http://vanilla-friends.googlecode.com/files/vanilla-upgrade-1.1.5-to-1.1.5a.zip (created at the same time than the official package, using the same list of changed files than the one put on the wiki - extracted from a svn diff)
  • Options
    "I am afraid the getvanilla.com download script was sending 1.1.5, calling it 1.1.5a" Is the original download the correct 1.1.5a now or still the 1.1.5 one? Greetings Eugen
  • Options
    It has been fixed soon after Bruce reported it
  • Options
    ok thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dinoboff: are these src directory needed? They are not in the upgrade list posted. Can these be removed?
    $ ls vanilla-upgrade-1.1.4-to-1.1.5/themes/vanilla/styles/default/src/
    people.css utility.css vanilla.css vanilla.print.css
    $ ls vanilla-upgrade-1.1.4-to-1.1.5/js/src/
    ac.js builder.js dragdrop.js global.js prototype.js slider.js
    ajax.js controls.js effects.js jquery.js scriptaculous.js vanilla.js

Thanks
    Jun
  • Options
    They are not needed on the server. They have been added as a reference, in case you need to patch them (e.g. to write your own style).
  • Options
    Hi, I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5a yesterday then today everybody's logins stopped working even though they'd worked a few times since the upgrade. Using the forgotten password link and changing the password to something new seemed to fix it. I note from the previous posts in this thread that there's mention of the password field in the users table being changed somehow, is this related to the problem I encountered? This is the first time I've used Vanilla so I've just been getting my head around how it works!
  • Options
    It shouldn't.

Are you using an customized authenticator like wordpress integration?