Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Un/Block category

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Could you explain me what is this option (Un/Block category) for? I look at google, lussumo doc and here and found nothing about that.

Comments

• Options
    I suppose it should be on the documentation. As far as i'm aware all that does is remove topics from that category from the discussion listing so you're not over cluttered with things that dont interest you if you dont want to be. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    I thought it was like the block user & block comment options. It just won't execute html in the posts in that catagory. I am certain that is it!
  • Options
    Nah it'll remove all topics from that category from showing up in the main discussions listing.
  • Options
    i suppose because the terminology is the same that could get confusing..
  • Options
    I think that should get put on the wiki, under small improvements.
  • Options
    well noones stopping you. :P
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited September 2005
    lol, fair enough. I put it under Level 1: Necessary corrections, spelling mistakes and really tiny bugs.
  • Options
    :) Technically it can be changed on the dictionary for those who it bugs (no pun intended). But i suppose to avoid future confusion it should be changed properly. Any suggestions for an alternative? Ignore?
  • Options
    Maybe on comments it should be "Block HTML", nice and self-explanatory?
  • Options
    Ignore sounds good for the categories.
  • Options
    well if you hover over 'block user' it gives you an alt saying so. I guess saying block html would be more understandable but also more clutter. tough compromise.
  • Options
    *bows head in shame* Sorry!
  • Options
    well, maybe leave the comments how it is, but just change the categories?
    Ignore is easier to understand than block.
This discussion has been closed.