Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error when, as admin, attempting to access Categories (from fresh install)

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I've just uploaded and rolled out Vanilla 1.1.5a onto shared Windows 2003 Server hosting using a PHP intepreter and a mySQL db. I can access the forum, I can browse around, however when I have logged in as administrator, and go to the 'Categories' tab, I am presented with the following very scary message... A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while retrieving categories. Affected Elements CategoryManager.GetCategories(); The error occurred on or near: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'coalesce' Can anybody shed some light on this ??

Comments

• Options
    Read the documentation about unicode in Vanilla 1.1.x. http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:administrators:encodings You should reinstall Vanilla and recreate the database that Vanilla will use. When creating the database make sure to set the character encoding to utf8.
  • Options
    Thanks Dinoboff, I'll give this a try and let you know.
This discussion has been closed.