Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to cache photos? Slow page photo loading...

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm asking because it takes forever to load pages and continue where you left off. If you sit and wait for 5 seconds or so, it will eventually catch up to where you left off. I know other message boards have this feature, is it possible to add something here?

Comments

• Which images are the problem. The forum's ones or the one posted by the user. Also, what do you mean by cached photo. Usually images are cached by proxy and browsers. What would you like more?
  • edited October 2008
    ps: images served by vanilla (like the one attached with the attachment extension) might not be cached, but it is a problem you should open in the discussions of extensions that serve images.
  • I'm thinking maybe its a browser issue then. I use Firefox. Everytime I go to a thread, the photos have to load all over again and every single time. It gets annoying.
  • what is the address of the forum?
  • lafixed.com
  • You might want to take a look at your Discussions page in Safari, the "Top Discussions" line overlaps your tabs.

By the way, those images seem to load very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.