Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Recommend me some addons, please

Hello! I have just created my vanilla forum and I want to pimp it out a bit. What addons would you suggest? Please note that the forum will not be hugely popular, so I don't need like a chatroomor automatically expiring threads ;) Thanks. P.S. Is there an extension or easy way to change the default message emailed to a user when their account has been accepted?

Comments

• Options
    The template of the message is in /languages/english/. For addon suggestion, check the addons used on this forum: http://lussumo.com/community/discussions/?PostBackAction=Pimped
  • Options
    Thank you, it was easy to edit. Is vanilla supposed to send me an email when a person applies for membership? Or does that require an addon, because I had a new member apply and didn't even notice until now, a day or two later, when I signed off and back in.
  • Options
    Aw but the cool ones aren't available for download. I want add-on integration! ;)
  • Options
    Oh and to answer your question perishingflames, Vanilla has the ability by default. On an admin account you can go to the Account tab, then Forum Preferences on the left, then check "Receive email notifications when new users apply for membership".
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    BlogThis is my favorite extension.

One of the most challenging things to do in web design is to integrate a blog setup with a forum setup. Many sites lack the strengths of one or the other but this addon allows you to have both with a very fluid implementation.
  • Options
    Ah, thank you subjunk.
This discussion has been closed.