Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post Counter

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
There’s a couple of posts about this but nothing specifically just for it, so..

I believe that having a post count near each users post generates incentive for non active members to become more active. As a member of several communities I know for a fact that during my “Newbie” period that “number” was a pretty big factor as far as how often I participated.

Being open source I’m a little surprised that no one has developed an extension to show post count. I think it would be a very popular extension and probably relatively simple to create, if only I had a clue where to begin. I’m pretty new to CSS and PHP but learning fast.

Looking at the MembersList extension it’s obvious post count can be generated and shown. It’s just a matter of getting it to appear near each members posts.

If someone could at least point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful! Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.