Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to make stickies

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi everyone, I just opened a Vanilla forum for my softwaretraining site. I really like Vanilla so far. The look is great, it is different and it is quite easy to adapt. There is one this (actually two) I haven't figured out yet. How do I make a post sticky? And is there a way to delete a post (for example a test post I made that I now want deleted)?

Comments

• Options
    if you are the admin, look down the sidebar of the post for the sticky option
  • Options
    Deleting a post is a little more difficult. I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to edit it and just make it a whisper to yourself. That way noone would know it was there anyway.
  • Options
    It would be cool if you could put the hide/show function to the post and not just the comments, hiding the post would render it invisible to everyone except the admins. But deleting posts would be cool too.
  • Options
    no.
  • Options
    I just hide the first post, and then use the cleanup extension.
  • Options
    Thanks FLC, I totally missed the sidebar. I must have been blind :) Ben that is a nice solution. Thanks.
  • Options
    /me wondered if it was possible in the cleanup extension but had forgotten about the hide function since he hadnt used it for a while.....*strokes ben.
This discussion has been closed.