Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using LDAP Authentication for Vanilla users?

tmcwtmcw New
edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I'm thinking about a school-related project that might include a forum. It would be nice if I could let people use their school login to get to the forum (I can set up a simple sytem w/ LDAP binds that does the auth part) but I'm not sure whether the authentication code is distributed in Vanilla and what might be necessary to change it.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    I believe aslong as you can deploy the correct cookies and update the database where necessary (i believe it's only the users row that has any changes) you should be alright, but people trying to do similar things in the past have had difficulties with it. Check out http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=766&page=1 as a reasonably useful resource regarding various login issues.
  • Options
    Hi, I wrote a rather simple discussion forum in PHP for our school. Now I've found vanilla and, as you can guess, it's a lot better but - I cannot authenticate teachers or pupils via LDAP. I wrote some PHP functions to do this and I would like to bypass the standard login of vanilla (ideally, to get the best of both worlds, any nonexisting user could still ask to become a member). Should this be done via an extension or is it possible to change this easily in vanilla (this would be a disadvantage if upgrading)? A year has gone since the last answer, so maybe things are a bit easier today? thanks for any clue, Sylvain
  • Options
    Check this out.
  • Options
    Sweet - I'll have to try it out.
This discussion has been closed.