Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Drop Down box for selecting categories

I have my categories set up as such: Category 1 (Only admin can post) Category 2 (Only admin can post) - Sub category 1 for cat2 - Sub category 2 for cat2 Category 3 (Only admin can post) - Sub category 1 for cat3 (only admin can post) - - Subsub category 1 - - Subsub category 2 - Sub category 2 for cat3 (only admin can post) - - Subsub category 3 So, when a member goes to post a comment, when they look in the drop down box, this is what it looks like: - Sub category 1 for cat2 - Sub category 2 for cat2 - - Subsub category 1 - - Subsub category 2 - - Subsub category 3 It is very confusing as to which sub categories are going under which categories and so on. My forum is going to have many hundreds of categories and subcategories. Is there a way to have the categories and subcategories (that are set so that only the admin can post) appear in the drop down box for choosing a category? They would be grayed out so that the member can not choose them, but the member would still be able to see them so that the category order makes sense.

Comments

• Options
    no one has any ideas?
  • Options
    If you are comfortable coding, there is a Forced Category extension that adds a disabled item to the top of the category list. In your case, it would probably be easiest to clear out the category list then rebuild it and add the missing categories. Another thing to look into would be marking the items disabled in the HTML, this would make it much harder for someone to accidentally select a category they don't have permissions in.
This discussion has been closed.