Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with Vanilla|Help would be Highly Appreciated

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
HI, I recently add the Vanilla forum script to my website,but i'm having The following issues with the forum. 1.Once I log in,I cant Log out,its gives me this Error:(Some problems were encountered,There was a problem authenticating your post information.) 2.I can't Change anything in my forum,be it Themes,styles or any other function.,It gives this Error(Some problems were encountered There was a problem authenticating your post information) Can some of the users and Developers guide me on how to solve these issues please? It would be highly helpful. Regards, Parastar

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried re-uploading the files to your server? It is possible there was a file corruption when you FTP'd them.
  • Options
    Actually,Yes I have. The First time I uploaded Vanilla it was having similar problems,so I tried Tried Deleting the Files,getting the Backup and Up loading the same again but it doesn't seem to work,is there a way around this problem. Can i actually Un-install the whole of the script and re-install it in some way? Regards, Parastar
  • Options
    You have a problem will your php session settings. Check-out with your provider what ever you have to do to enable php session. It is probably in its "faq". who is you provider? We can help you to find the relevant information on your provider web site.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My Provider is Ipower web hosting http://www.ipower.com And I use a shared server. thanks guys for your prompt response's just wish i could get this sorted with. Regards Parastar.
  • Options
    SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    edited December 2008
    It would be best if you contact IPower and say you need to enable PHP sessions on your account. Hopefully they can do that for you or tell you which other hosting plans will allow it.
    If they don't offer any help you can always try Lonex as they are the company I always recommend for web hosting
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You need to add the following line to conf/database.php:
    session_save_path("/Path/to/your/home/directory/cgi-bin/tmp"); (replace "/Path/to/your/home/directory" with the path to your home directory)

It should look something like that:
    <?php session_save_path("/Path/to/your/home/directory/cgi-bin/tmp"); // Database Configuration Settings $Configuration['DATABASE_HOST'] = 'xxxxxxxx'; $Configuration['DATABASE_NAME'] = 'xxxxxxxx'; $Configuration['DATABASE_USER'] = 'xxxxxxxx'; $Configuration['DATABASE_PASSWORD'] = 'xxxxxxxxx'; $Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf8'; $DatabaseTables['User'] = 'LUM_User'; ?>

There is probably a more logical place than database.php but by using it, you don't have to patch vanilla or write a plug-in.

source: http://www.ipower.com/knowledgebase/read_article.bml?kbid=600
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    thanks guys for your valuable comments and piece of Advise. I asked Ipower to enable php sessions,and now it seems to work fine. Thanks Dinoboff and Subjunk,i really appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.