Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Getting timed out

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys is there any way to turn off the fact that I get logged out if I take too long writing a post? It seems to happen after 15 or 20 minutes

Comments

• Options
    The biggest pain of this is the post data is lost since the page isn't cachable in the browser. I once tried enabling HTTP caching to allow the user to hit 'back' after signing back in and still see their post but it really didn't work well. Thinking of a autosave draft add-on, built with persist.js, but haven't gotten around to it. Another thought would be to pass post to the sign-in form with some kind of 'you must sign in to complete the post' message. I like this idea the best ATM. A workaround is to check the 'remember me' box when signing in. If you have users complaining, there is a post somewhere describing how to enable it by default.
This discussion has been closed.