Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

problem after disabling extension

I had installed tinymce, but the users asked me to have quote and preview options which as far as I know aren't compatible with tinymce. Now all the old posts don't render the html properly, I mean, it's shown as part of the post...
any help on this?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I wonder why whenever I ask a question no-one answers...
    i must be doing something wrong :S
  • Options
    I think what you'll have to do is modify tinyMCE to render posts for display, but not to accept any new posts. Another probably better fix would be to convert the old posts into some other format that displays properly. I'm going to have to look into how to do this, but maybe someone else will post the solution before I come up with it.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply WallPhone. I still have had no luck yet and what I've done is to leave tinyMCE on so it renders the posts properly. Any more input on this one is really appreciated thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well, I'll leave it like that, I've done what Sylvia suggested on this thread: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/8981/combining-tinymce-and-quotations/#Item_2 and it's working fine :) the only thing left is the "preview" cheers!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You need to install a html formatter addon and run the following sql query (in PhpMyAdmin for example using the database where vanilla is installed):UPDATE lum_comment SET FormatType = 'Html' WHERE lum_comment.FormatType = 'Tinymce';

ps: you should set this discussion title to "problem after disabling tinymce".
This discussion has been closed.