Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Markdown and HTML only occaisonally working

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
my forum is set up at http://canwetalkaboutthis.com/CW/redux when my users try and format posts, regardless of what option they choose, it doesn't work. it works fine for me, and if i copy and paste their text into a new comment, the formatting functions just fine. But even if i edit their posts, the formatting fails to stick. is this a known issue, or have i set something up wrong?

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I do believe this was brought up before a little while ago with someone having this happen to a single user on their board. Never knew the cause but I suggest double checking that the user has the right to post html in the first place and that you don't have both the html and raw html formatters enabled. Only one of those two should be enabled not both otherwise they will cause slight conflicts.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What lech said. Take a look at the user's role. If you still can't figure out what's wrong. By all means email me directly (support at lussumo dot com) and give me an administrative account on you forum so I can have a look at what's going on.
This discussion has been closed.