Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Cookies across a site

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Morning,

I've been working on this cookie problem for awhile, and beign relatively new to this world of cookies, I think I must be making an obvious mistake.

My site has a vanilla forum and a main section (custom php app for articles being posted). If I log in through the main site, and go to the forums, I remain logged in.
If I log in through the forums, then decide to go the main site, my login to main site becomes "".

So I guess essentially I have the cookie system working one way, but not the other...

mcs

Comments

• Options
    You probably need to make sure 1) Your custom app is checking cookies for the proper domain (www.domain.com is different from domain.com) and 2) Your custom app is checking for the right cookie.

Vanilla is pretty flexible in terms of names of cookies. The following configurations deal with that:$Configuration['SESSION_NAME'] = ''; // Defaults to PHPSESSID $Configuration['COOKIE_USER_KEY'] = 'lussumocookieone'; // "Remember me" cookie $Configuration['COOKIE_VERIFICATION_KEY'] = 'lussumocookietwo'; // "Remember me" cookie $Configuration['SESSION_USER_IDENTIFIER'] = 'LussumoUserID'; // Session Variable storing the User ID $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = '.domain.com'; // Cookie domain $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/'; // Cookie Path If your forum is in a subdomain of your main site (forum.domain.com and www.domain.com), make COOKIE_DOMAIN ".domain.com" (leave out the sub-domain part). Try playing with these configurations and see if you can narrow down or fix the issue.
  • Options
    hi i havea similar issue ithink...ive looked around this seems the right place to post.( a little gun shy about posting, after getting much flack on prior post..so if i m in wrong area pls forgive)
    - i have my main site as a wordpress site at:
    teampuscifer.com
    (physcially its located at :teampuscifer.com/wp/)
    and my vanilla forum at :
    teampuscifer.com/asylum/
    which now goes to error/notfound:
    http://www.teampuscifer.com/some/url/here.html

since upgrade , have to manually put the url as:
    teampuscifer.com/asylum/people.php
    to access the forum (if not logged in.-if you are logged in its ok)
    what might ichange to stop the conflict ?
    i have the app settings for cookie domain as
    'teampuscifer.com'
    should i change it to: teampuscifer.com/asylum/?
    sorry - i keep breaking the board and im pissing off some pretty knarly fans/emembers ..any suggestions ?