Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using Users Columns From Multiple Tables

I have a bit of an issue where I'm installing a Vanilla forum with an existing user base. So I intend on re-using things that are already stored in the existing table Foo such as email, first name, last name, date user was created and so forth. So I was thinking that I could keep things the way they are now currently and just get the info from multiple tables. So if I did something in database.php like: $DatabaseTables['User'] = 'LUM_User'; $DatabaseTables['Existing_User'] = 'users'; # users is the name of the existing database And then in the places where I already had user info: $DatabaseColumns['User']['Existing_User'] = 'user_id';

Comments

• Options
    You won't be able to use separate tables as one user table without significant hacking. Your best option would be to merge all the data in to a third table and configure Vanilla to reference that one.