Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

multiple tags search

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Does any of the tagging add ons support multiple tag searches? Lets say I want to search for all discussions containing [pizza]. Ok, so I click on [pizza] in the tag cloud. Then I want to further filter it by adding a [cheese] filter and I click that, so now it should be like: Discussions tagged with: [pizza] remove filter [cheese] remove filter Only discussions that have these two tags show up in the results.

Comments

• Options

I want to do this also, (almost 4 years later...) only with one extra (crazy) desire: to be able to search by phrase/keywords WITHIN that.

I.e. user does a search. "getting my kid to eat their food". let's say, then, that I want them to be able to filter by certain tags/, i.e [Age 6-8] [Single Parent] [mom] ...

Even if it could just append the search terms with the tag name and refresh, like this:

/search?Search=getting+my+kid+to+eat+their+food
    /search?Search=getting+my+kid+to+eat+their+food+"Age 6-8"
    /search?Search=getting+my+kid+to+eat+their+food+"Age 6-8"+"Single Parent"

Who am I kidding, I can't even get normal search to work...

Anyone?

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

This is doable with sphinx (plus a lot more). If you want, you can follow my project on github here: https://github.com/mcuhq/SphinxSearchPlugin

The install wizard is almost complete and it currently supports advanced searching. You will only need to click twice to have sphinx installed and running. Currently only supports linux hosts.

There is still a lot of work to be done with it, so don't expect it to work right out of the box.

try out an early run of it here.