Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

PreCommentOptionsRender, comment $Body, and Quotations extension

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi! I am the Community Moderation programmer, and now that I've deployed it on a site that uses the Quotations extension as well, I see a problem: Quotations uses JavaScript to grab the contents of the CommentBody_X document element. Unfortunately, Community Moderation puts its list of positive and negative votes in that element by virtue of tacking its HTML onto the $Comment->Body variable. Looking at themes/comments.php line 130, I see that the code is basically $CommentList .= "<div id="CommentBody_X">" . $Comment->Body . "</div></li>"; So there is no way to add the Community Moderation information outside of the CommentBody_X div. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get around this, without modifying the Quotations extension (which would be tedious, anyhow) or using non-standard Vanilla changes? I could request a delegate for the space between that /div and /li, I guess, but if anyone has better ideas I'm all ears, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I cheated ... I closed the CommentBody_X div in my code and left its own div open, so the themes/comments.php rendering closes mine in the belief it's closing the CommentBody_X one. It works for now, at least. :)