Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Questions

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am playing around with vanilla and phbb with a view to using one of them (or another if they don't meet our needs) as our sites forum. Vanilla Good Points Easy to install I like Its clean appearance-it doesn't look like a me too forum Vanilla Bad Points How do you moderate posts-there aren't enough options here How do you integrate it into a sites design- There are no options apart from choosing a different theme. How do you add google adsense code? Phpbb good points I can do what I want with it with regards to setting up forums and permissions and moderate posts Easy to add adsense wherever you want it. Phpbb bad points It looks old fashioned and tired I can't really intergrate it into my site's design I really am attracted to vanilla by its clean design but I just can't do anything with it- there are just not enough options Am I missing something??? Please tell me I'm wrong. For example can I reserve say the top 50pixels for my sites existing header code then start the forum underneath???

Comments

• Options
    >> How do you moderate posts-there aren't enough options here
    What options are you missing? The available options are either on top of post or in menu on the left. If you are missing a feature check if there is an addon regarding the feature.
    >> How do you integrate it into a sites design- There are no options apart from choosing a different theme.
    Again... what do you miss? For a perfect integration you mostly need to make your own theme... and maybe program yourself some special extensions.
    >> How do you add google adsense code?
    I think there is an addon for that. If not just edit the theme.