Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sqlite

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Are there any plans, or has there been anybody successfully change Vanilla to use SQLite instead of MySQL? I'd hoped I could use Vanilla without the bulky MySQL DB requirement. I am an experienced PHP programmer with a lot of background using both SQLite and MySQL, so I could probably make the changes myself, but why do it if it's already been done? I am rather fond of how abstracted the DB code is in the Framework, very slick! Edit: I don't know how I missed it, but there is a file called Framework.Class.SQLite.php - so it would seem some of the work is done.

Comments

• Options
    I've not heard any successful reports but two classes are already made to support SQLite: Framework.Class.SQLite.php and People.Class.SQLiteAuthenticator.php.

Might be worth a try. Change $Configuration['DATABASE_SERVER'] = 'SQLite' and set $Configuration['DATABASE_NAME'] = '/var/vanilla-db.sqlite' (or wherever you want the database) and see what happens ;)

You'll probably have to manually create the database (and tables), and perhaps many other things...