Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anyone know of some interesting Google-ish designs?

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I like minimalistic and Google-type designs (Vanilla fits into this category). I'm looking for some interesting variations to the usual Google layout (you know, header over the top, left or right sidebar, lots of whitespace). Anyone have any links? This might be a stupid post, but I'm just interested.

Comments

• Options
    Well, the new K2 wordpress theme at binarybonsai fits that bill like something that fits a bill.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Well, the new K2 wordpress theme at binarybonsai fits that bill like something that fits a bill.

Say what? :-D
  • Options
    I have trouble making coherent toughts...
  • Options
    Kosmo, is K2 the theme that is being used on binarybonsai, or can you only get it from there?
  • Options
    Yeah, that is the theme, nice minimalistic and clean.
  • Options
    So people want a uber minimalistic style/theme? Maybe I'll make one.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Not necessarily. Not so much for Vanilla. I'm just interested in finding desings that would fit well for a search engine or what not.

My interest was spiked by this article: Google redesign

I'm really intrigued by Google redesigns, whether they are good or bad.
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited September 2005
    K2 is only avaliable from Binarybonsai, but the theme on Binarybonsai right now is a live redesign. He's changing over to a new style called 'Invader'
  • Options
    i don't know any off the top of my head since most designers want to throw everything in and not strip it down to what matters. one huge thing i like about a forum software by the name of vanilla.
This discussion has been closed.