Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sticky not sticky for registered users

fmimosofmimoso
edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi!

Could any of you coders help me on this?
I want this behaviour but don't have a clue on how to do it...

if user = registered {
sticky -> not sticky even if labelled that way
}

THANKS a gazillion times!

Comments

• Options
    This seems rather backwards. Why would you want this behavior?

If you want a "sticky" message to show up for guest (read: unauthenticated) users, consider using an extension such as Guest Welcome Message or Nuggets.
  • Options
    fmimosofmimoso
    edited March 2009
    Well... consider this forum.
    You have two hundred stickies occupying half my screen. To me, that's wasted real estate, more useless scrolling, more page navigation and because I've read those discussions two hundred years ago they don't do me any good - I don't need them, they're useless.
    You could argue that I wouldn't be aware of any new replies if they weren't sticky. That was the second part of my plan: if any reply was added they would be sticky again until I read them. Can you see my point? ;)

Better yet, see it like this:
    if (user = registered) {
    if (sticky = read) {
    sticky -> unsticky
    }
    }
  • Options
    I created a button with a Javascript action on them that hide table rows with the class 'Sticky', and I added a user preference where a user may choose to show or hide stickies when a page load (with the possibility to hide or show them again with the button).
    It's not feasable at this moment to make an addon from it, because I tweaked vanilla for my own purposes.
    However, when the Garden project is ready, and it doesn't contain this functionality, I will try to make it available for others.