Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Only allowing 'certain' stickies to show in discussons list

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Every time I sticky a discussion in an individual category, it is also stickied on the discussions page. this of course, hides new discussions once you have a few stickied discussions....

It would be nice to only allow the new comments to show up in the discussion page, with the exception of a couple 'important' stickies.. ie "new members/guests.. read this" or "rules and regulations.. please read"

Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    Funny. I was just thinking about this today. A "Sticky this discussion for all" and "Sticky this only for this category" could be useful. Not sure how to do it though...
  • Options
    I guess there's currently no way to do this then? Too bad, because I have quite a number of categories.. and if you sticky a post in only a few, you can no longer see new posts on the displayed portion of the discussions page.. which of course gives the appearance that there are no new posts...

Consider this an add-on request I guess
  • Options
    I too would love to have a category-level sticky... (actually, like... yesterday would be nice) Discovered only yesterday that stickies show up in the discussion overview page... which is a major sucky issue (expected different behavior) so I need to hack it in. Can somebody give me a hint where the display of sticky things first is taken care of (took a quick peek just now, didn't see it)
  • Options
    TomTesterTomTester New
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm, just came across this add-on: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=271 You'd think I'd remember the discussion...