Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Handheld CSS

KrakKrak New
edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I read through a post on what its for, the handheld CSS is well, for handhelds right. But how many people actually browse through a forum with a handheld? I guess there are handheld emulators (that might require .net) so I could test out the CSS, but is it really worth the extra effort? I was also thinking, maybe there should be a Styles/Themes category, so we can easily filter out the posts?

Comments

• Options
    i'd like to see a styles/themes category.

as for the handheld css.. i find that usually very little needs to change from the original stylesheet anyway. have to say though, i much prefer desktop browsing ;-)
  • Options
    timberford, I do think the layout could be changed somewhat. I've browsed the site on my PSP (and it of course has a big and good screen, and it definitely has some issues. The main area and the sidebar end up splitting the screen about 50-50 so its much harder to read. I can't imagine using the forums on something even smaller.
  • Options
    It doesn't work too well on a P910i using Opera.... But then the internet in general doesn't work too well with that.
  • Options
    i used it for a week solid while i was on holiday with my 3.7" VGA screen'd axim x50v pda and i was very thankful for it. If you dont want to bother styling for a handheld cause it doesnt affect you and youre not bothered about supporting the minority then i'm sure mark (or someone who has styled for one) wouldnt mind if you asked to use their handheld.css even though its nothing like your style just so if people drop by on a palm they have something to fall back on.
  • Options
    I use my Palm to view my forum (and this one). I am always on the go, so during he day, it is the only way.
  • Options
    Ok, so I guess its a 50/50 in the handheld CSS.... I'll remake a basic one to include in my styles. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    I'm picking up a wifi'd ipaq this afternoon. I'm interested to see how the forums look. Has anyone done any more work on this or is the 0.9.3 version looking good now?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The handheld css is broken due to xhtml changes, and it won't be worked on again until the new xhtml is finalized - which will happen soon.
  • Options
    I actually came to the forum today to expressly compliment the handheld stylesheet. I've been using it on my Pocket PC and it functions perfectly for me.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2006
    Doh - I guess I should get cracking on it for the new xhtml, then...
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    Yeah I used it on my mobile phone and it worked well.
This discussion has been closed.