Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

keep from discussons

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Man, I wish there was an add on, that could prevent a discussion from being listed in the discussions page.. So that it would be only visible in the category page it resides in..

I've got a couple discussions stickied in a couple categories, that apply to only those categories. but they show up on the discussions page, stickied to the top, and it makes everyone think they apply to all categories..

and they are needed in those categories, but I don;t know how to hide them from the discussions page..

An add on that keeps the discussion appearing 'only' in it's category, would be the hot ticket.... but there appears to be no add on like this in existence.. not that I can find anyways..

Will the new version of vanilla, make it easier to do stuff like this.. for us idiot non-programmer types to figure out how to customize the thing for stuff like this? (I hope, I hope)

Comments

• Options
    TomTesterTomTester New
    edited April 2009
    Well... you must love me now!

The confusingly named Category Hider add-on does just that.
    http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=423
  • Options
    If it does exactly that, then yes I does indeed love you now!

Thanks!
  • Options
    This appears to hide the whole category.. Is there a way to hide only the specific discussion?
  • Options
    Hmmm, now I see your point... Perhaps the easiest thing to hack together would be an add-on/code change to hide ALL stickies in the discussion overview. Would that cover your needs?
  • Options
    Naw, cuz I want things like rules and regulations discussion and notices and FAQs listed.. An add on that would allow the flagging of any individual discussion to not be shown anywhere but the category it's posted in would be the hot ticket... In leiu of any such tool becoming available.. I'm gonna have to think for a while how to work around this..
  • Options
    I've created a special category on my forums called announcements. Only moderators can post in that category and I only place stickies in that category. Maybe that's a workaround for you as well?
  • Options
    Another add-on that might help is this one: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=271 (yes, it *is* a stupid name, which is why I could not locate it) It should be called REMOVE STICKIES